1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 stops responding

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by IanRob, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IanRob

IanRob Thread Starter

In order to get Outlook 2003 to work I have to reboot and get the warning that because Outlook stopped responding last time it will open in safe mode, which it does. I do what I have to do (check emails, send emails etc), then I close it. After which I can't open it from tray or shortcut Icon. I used to get the warning on re-boot that "cicerouiwndFrame" is not responding and have to end now. I altered Outlook's hand recog ability and the warning stopped (google on cicerouiwndFrame). Now I get "OutlookFbThreadWnd" which has no google response.
    System OS W2000, P4 , 520M Ram
    Outlook & Office2003 on ADSL, WinFax Pro in fax sharing client to local LAN

Any ideas
    :mad:
    Is this the right foruum?

2. IanRob

IanRob Thread Starter

Outlook has never operated properly since re-installation. Previous problems seemed to go away when I addressed the cicerouiWndFrame "issue" and when I disabled DCOM (which disabled my fax so I enabled it again). Now I cannot move from folder to folder without Outlook hanging, nor can I send an email to another folder ("add to junk mail") Similar problems anyone? Is there an ISSUE with Outlook2003?
    (n)

3. IanRob

IanRob Thread Starter

Solved!!
    Still don't know why but Outlook works fine with a new profile

4. dibby44

dibby44

Many Congrats - it does work with a new profile,
    AND
    it solves another problem that I posted in General
    [outlook.exe does not unload when closing Outlook 2003]
    (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217573

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice