1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 to 2002 email problmes

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by davjan4, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. davjan4

davjan4 Thread Starter

I installed a trial version from MicroSoft of Office 2003. I did not like the interface as well as Office XP2002, which I have at work. So, I uninstalled 2003 and bought 2002 and installed it. The problem is, the email won't work. I get a "The operation failed" when I click Send and Receive. I can't just send an email either. I have a POP account through yahoo that worked fine in 2003. When I set up everything in the email, I run the little test thing that's in there and it sends and email to the server just fine. If I open Outlook Express, I can get it fine. I tried creating another profile and nothing. help!

2. davjan4

davjan4 Thread Starter

Anybody? Please?

3. davjan4

davjan4 Thread Starter

Somebody must know how to address this issue! I know there is some kind of office 2003 removal tool somewhere, and maybe that is my problem, that is to use the tool then reinstall office 2002. Try as I might, I can' find the program. I do know something about computers, being the sysadmin for our system at work, but this problem has me truley vexed.

4. davjan4

davjan4 Thread Starter

I fixed it! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice