1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 Unable to Open Default E-Mail Folders

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by swirg53, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swirg53

swirg53 Thread Starter

I have XP Media Edition on a Gateway laptop. I am using OUtlook 2003. My AVG is up to date and scans clean. I leave my computer on all the time. Up until the last few days, perhaps once a week, I would get the following error message when I tried to open Outlook:

Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The file C:\Doucments and Settings\Owner.YOUR-E1F58D5B90\Local SEttings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst is in use and could not be accessed. Close any application that is using this file and then try again.

Nothing is running in task manager and I see no process that readily appears to be related to this folder/file. Once I reboot, all is fine--I can open OUtlook with no problem. But not until I reboot.

In the last few days, I have been getting this message much more frequently.

I have looked this up on the Internet and can't find this exact problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/610971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice