1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003-using two emails in one account

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by akimatsu, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. akimatsu

akimatsu Thread Starter

hi, I have set two email accounts in Outlook 2003, and configured them (i made rules) so that there are two email account folders, and the email for account A goes into the INBOX under A and B goes into B. However, I have not been able to get them to do the same for the other folders (like OUTBOX, DRAFTS, SENT ITEMS, etc). Is there any way to do that?

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi akimatsu

What type of Rule are you wanting to create for those other folders, can you give us an idea of what you are trying to accomplish?

3. akimatsu

akimatsu Thread Starter

well if it's possible i would like to have several drop down menues each having a seperate email. Under them, there is the usual, like inbox, outbox, drafts, etc. and for example, if i write a draft for account A, then it will do into the drafts folder under account A, if i send an email on account B, the message will to into the Sent Item box under account B, etc.

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

To keep those accounts separated from each other, you can create a new Profile in Outlook 2003.
    The drawback is that you can only have one profile open at a time, so you would need to close and restart Outlook each time you want to view the other profile.

Sticking with the setup you currently have, you can create another Personal Folder and manually move the messages from the A or B account to the second Personal Folder.
    Using the Search folders feature, that process would be fairly quick.
    You could then sort out the messages once a week or more often if needed.

You can also create Views, and switch back and forth between the views for Account A and Account B using the drop down arrow for the Current View field.

You can create a rule based on messages sent out, though I haven't had any success creating a rule based on the Drafts folder.

5. akimatsu

akimatsu Thread Starter

ok thanks for your help. I also have another question. Is there a way to have outlook open at startup? and to have it minimize to tray when i click the X button (the close button at the top righthand corner)? Now i have it on hide to tray when it's minimized but i'm used to clicking close so i have to open it up every time and it's really annoying. So i would like it to not close until i tell it to, but merely minimize to tray?

6. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Outlook 2003 will automatically run at startup if you create a shortcut in the Startup folder.
    To Hide Outlook 2003 to the Notification Tray, simply click on the button for Outlook 2003 in the Taskbar, the button will disappear from the Taskbar while the Icon in the Notification Tray remains.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430613

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice