1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003 with Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by kombat75, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kombat75

kombat75 Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

I have problem getting sending and receiving email with windows vista..

Previously i have no problem, today the problem start.. anyone know what is
    the problem here ?

I check all the settings and configure it.. Internet have no problem.
    Only email.. must i do the windowsupdate again ?

If yes , i do that and aslo got this problem.

2. dman4862

dman4862

if your internet is running okay i would really take another look at your POP3 and SMTP or IAMP settings. If those are configured wrong that would be why you are not able to send and recieve email. Either that or you can try using the repair feature in MS office.

3. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

What happens when you Test Account Settings at the screen were you configure the e-mail accounts.

4. kombat75

kombat75 Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Thanx for the reply..

Today i manage to get the mail working..
    It like today u can check email.. then tml u cannot..

Thanx again for the help guys.

5. mrtallguy

mrtallguy

hi
    i have the same problem here, i am running outlook 2003 with windows vista. the problem is that any email that i try to send takes around10 mins for the outlook to send it, i sure that all my configurations are correct because the emails are sent but i don't know the reason why it takes so so long, any help please.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I have one system here running office 2003 with vista enterprise. No problems at all.

Do you have all updates including service packs for both office and vista installed?

Are you using a router and if so have you removed the router and checked to see how it works?

Are you using windows firewall or a third party firewall?

7. mrtallguy

mrtallguy

yes i tried all of that, the problem is the outlook 2003 is not stable i mean sometimes it works very quickly and sometimes it doesnot, i reinstalled it 2 times but no use.

then i installed outlook 2007 and everything went well and normal, i still don't know what is the problem but at least i can continue my work with outlook 2007 till something pops up on the surface.

thanks for help

8. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I have been using Outlook 2003 since I got a Beta copy and have NOT had any issues with it. That said, I have had issue with my email providers, the servers are sometime JUST not working and are down from time to time.

It would help if you were to post the error message that you are getting.

9. unbidden

unbidden

kombat75 and mrtallguy what ISP are you using; if both the same then maybe the problem is not on your end.

10. mrtallguy

mrtallguy

i don't think the problem is with my ISP because i have the same email account running on another computer with outlook 2003 but with XP and everything is stable.
    so the only change i have is windows vista......

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice