Outlook 2003 won't receive emails since switching to Xfinity

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Seeker532

Bob
I can send but not receive email in outlook 2003 since our daughter switched our Comcast to their new X10 platform. I called Comcast 4 days ago and only received 2 callbacks saying someone would call me in 24 hours, 48 hours later each. Error box says incoming server could not be found. Asus G53S laptop, Win7, i7. max ram.
She had us scheduled to change to ATT like she has but after she and the kids spent the holiday break here she was very happy with Comcast programming and cancelled ATT. She set up Xfinity's new X10 for us and is even ordering it for her house.

plodr

Liz
The link works fine for me so I will post the settings in one of the postings there.
I use the following settings in Outlook 2003:
Pop 3:mail.comcast.net
smtp; smtp.comcast.net
Pop3 Port 995 with SSL ON ticked
SMTP: Port 465 with SSL ON ticked
Under the Server Tab: My server requires authentication is checked
Log on using Secure Password Authentication is NOT checked

plodr

Liz
Anytime. If the link doesn't work for him and email doesn't work, I'm guessing there are a few things wrong with the computer and those two items are symptoms of the problem.

Seeker532

Bob
Anytime. If the link doesn't work for him and email doesn't work, I'm guessing there are a few things wrong with the computer and those two items are symptoms of the problem.
I do have other issues with this TORMENTER FROM HELL laptop.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Bob, like what other issues? Depending on the severity of them you may indeed want to reinstall and start fresh.

Seeker532

Bob
I've already backed everything up and have the original discs that I burned when I first opened it up. A little history. This past February it crashed a month before the Microcenter 3 year warranty ran out. Microcenter said they replaced the motherboard, the hard drive and the keyboard under the warranty.
The DVD won't recognize discs previously burned. IE 11 keeps crashing. Getting my email from the Comcast web site reminds me of AOL dial-up. I bought the grandkids a couple of HP's, desktop and laptop, to keep them occupied between projects and they complain the wifi is slow. I have Eset anti-virus so maybe not a virus. I installed Eset Security on the HP's.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Ok can I assume you are willing to erase the entire computer and start fresh? Did you burn the DVDs using the original software on the computer when you bought it? You should be able to insert the first DVD and then boot from it by tapping f10, F12 or f2 and selecting DVD drive as boot source.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online