Outlook 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

akimatsu

hi, i have own an Outlook 2003 program and i want to use it to copy emails several Gmail i own, each for a different purpose.

Right now, i have all the email inboxes configured but outlook takes the 3 accounts and copies all the email into one "inbox" in "personal folders". so i've got all the emails from 3 accounts in one inbox.

i would like them to be seperate, for example each one of them having a tab under personalized folders i can click on with seperate inboxes. Right now, it's really confusing and i have no idea which email is in which.

is there any way to do this? i tried looking in the help section but didn't really find it.

also, i do not understand how Outlook stores my messages. Does it download it and store it somewhere in a file? if so, where is it usually stored? i can't seem to find it on my hard disk.
thanks for your help,
akimatsu

p.s. google uses POP

Outlook stores all messages in a single .PST file.

As I only use Eudora (as all Microsoft email applications are just too vulnerable to all the virus writers efforts, and I cannot afford the added risk) I cannot advise, but in Eudora its simply a matter of setting up a filter based on the header to recognise the "to:" address as being a particular email account and storing it in a folder of your choice.

You could create separate InBoxes with whatever label you want. Then create a rule that when e-mail comes in with a particular recipients address, it will move to whatever folder you want.

As far as all MS email programs being vulnerability to all viruses writers, that seems a bit extreme. Even simple proceedures like not opening attachments or at least being very careful when you do, would stop a lot of e-mail viruses. That practice should be used regardless of what e-mail program you are using. Another nice feature with Outlook2003 is the reading pane. It allows you to view the contents of an e-mail without actually opening it. And of course, Outlook2003 has the security feature built it that has been available since Outlook98 where you can't receive attachments at all that are self running like .exe, .com, .scr, .pif etc. This goes a long way to stopping viruses.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online