1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by onedavester, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. onedavester

onedavester Thread Starter

Hello all,

Whenever I send a file attatchment of any noteable size ( above 500k), It stays in my outbox and appears to have never been sent. The person(s) I am sending it to tell me they recieve it multiple times, even though it appears to have never been sent from my end.

2. ChuckE

ChuckE

Because sending large files may not be as immediate as you might think (depends upon your speed of Internet connection) you may be noticing the delay it does take. In your impatience you may be just sending it multiple times, thinking the first time did not go (whereas it was just in the process of doing so) you send it again, and perhaps again.

Try waiting a bit longer.

3. onedavester

onedavester Thread Starter

Actually I am as patient a person as there is. I send e-mails with large attatchments just before I retire for the night, and I only send them once.

4. Papermoon

Papermoon

I have seen anti virus plug ins that scan outgoing mail cause that behavior.
    The message has been sent,but stays in the outbox, sometimes until you manually delete it.

To see if that is the problem, open Outlook in safe mode.
    Start/run outlook.exe /safe

This opens Outlook with no plug ins loaded. Then try to send a large email. If it sends and leaves your outbox, I would try going into the settings of your anti virus, and disabling outgoing mail scanning.

IMHO, if incoming mail is being scanned, and you have real time protection, outgoing scanning is not a priority. If you are sending out a large file, and have any doubt, you can always manually scan it before sending.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice