1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by i100, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. i100

i100 Thread Starter

Hi

I have a bit problem, I am try to create a rule in Outlook 2003, this is what I like to do

I have create a rule which does this:- when a message arrives from “x” it goes in to a “xfolder”, which is working, but when ONLY “x” sends a message to “Y Distribution” group I like to go in to “YFolder” which is sub folder in the "Xfolder" and NOT if anyone sends to “Y Distribution”, then it should go in to main Inbox folder.

can some one help? i have been playing with the rule for some time but can not get this working

i100

2. i100

i100 Thread Starter

Hi

anyone can help?

i100:(

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Set the rule to only apply to messages from a particular recipient to a specific distribution list. Where the messages are moved (folders, sub-folders of folders, etc.) should be irrelevant.

4. PrurientCherubim

PrurientCherubim

Basically you'll have two rules - the first rule you already described which is working.

The second rule
    Sent to people or dist list
    From people or dist list
    Move to specified folder

OR
    Sent to Y Distribution
    From X
    Move to YFolder

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice