Outlook 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

staffingpro

In using Outlook 2003 I have a problem with one of it functions. In the create a rule area, it doe snot work. I have e-mail going into junk mail and spam that I want delivered to my inbox. Is there something I am mission, it seems pretty straight forward. Any ideas on how to fix or does Microsoft have a hot fix out there that is hidden from folks like me. Gary

etaf

Wayne
goto

tools
options
on the first tab are the junk mail settings

staffingpro

Thanks, I guess the create rule really does not work. I have to go in and manually add the email list to my safe senders list.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi staffingpro

With the message open in the Junk Mail folder, you should be able to use:
Actions > Junk E-mail > Mark as Not Junk
or use: ctrl+Alt+J

A prompt will appear for you to verify your decision and the message will be moved to the Inbox.

I also placed the Mark as Not Junk command on the Toolbar so I don't need to open the message to place it on the Safe Sender's List.

staffingpro

thanks, I would imagine that you have to do this every time unless you add them to your accept senders list.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Every time? As in you have 5 messages from the same person in the Junk Mail folder?

If so, Mark as Not Junk, one time, would add them to the Safe Sender's List, then you would move the remaining 4 messages to the Inbox. I have my Junk Mail folder configured to sort by the From column. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online