1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Sallytuck, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sallytuck

Sallytuck Thread Starter

I've been using this application for a while and must have 100+ email addresses in there but I cannot find out how to print out all of the addresses at one time. I have no records in the contact file, so I can't even see a list of any emails addresses - where the heck are they? I want a list of all of them...

Anyone know how to recover the list?

Regards,

Sally.

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

right click on the contacts icon and choose properties...then "outlook Address book" tab...check off "show this folder as an email address book". See if you can see them there then... You can print from that folder.

Otherwise use the File menu to export them to Excel.

3. Sallytuck

Sallytuck Thread Starter

Thanks, did all that but the last instruction was already checked and nothing appeared even after rebooting/reloading etc, must be a setting somewhere that has not been checked. Tried exporting to excel that was OK, but of course there was nothing registering except headers, good old Outlook, a simple job made hard, give me back my yahoo! Any further advice Ziggy?

4. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

ok, but you can actually see addresses in you address book? Address book and contacts are not the same

5. Sallytuck

Sallytuck Thread Starter

Nope, I can't see any addresses in either

6. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

Ok...help me about here as I try to understand...are you Assuming that they should be there...or did you actually Save them as contacts...or when you do an email youstart to type the persons name/email and it pops in automatically?

7. Sallytuck

Sallytuck Thread Starter

Yes, emails auto fill when I type in the first/second letter of a known address,
    Ah, but have never saved them as contacts... if so that's my inexperience with this program, I didn't know I should be doing that - other email programs I've used do this automatically or at least ask the question, "do you want to add this address to your address book. All sene files are saved of course and filed in Outlook...

Sally.

8. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

I know what you mean, and maybe the option is there...I know OE6 has it, but I never use it otherwise you get a ton of contacts especially from spam...

to work on creating proper contacts, open an email from someone...then rightclick on their name and choose "add to contacts"

you will get a window for you to add any additional info...it maybe a bit of work but that is all I can suggest.

it seems outlook stores the emails, automatically in a certain location. I I can only find utilities that you have to download that will get you your list...but they cost money....hopefully someone else can post for a solution to this.

here is some info.. http://email.about.com/od/outlookaddons/gr/ingressor_dt.htm

9. Sallytuck

Sallytuck Thread Starter

Many Thanks

Sally.

10. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

I think I solved your problem...I just found a free utility, I tried it on my PC and I was able to export the list to a CSV file. http://www.nk2.info/

It is a quick install, then use the file menu to open the "Outlook.NK2" file ( it defaults the location).

11. Sallytuck

Sallytuck Thread Starter

OK - this sort of worked, but it still left some emails behind, but much better than nothing, thanks, I appreciate your time. Must have a word wth uncle Bill and suggest they get back to basics and make it idiot proof for twits like me et-al... I asked about this same qusetion of several gurus locally (UK) - none knew the answer!

Sally.

12. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

no problem, I've heard this question before, have another post on it somewhere..I couldn't figure it out then either...it is a tricky one.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757542

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice