1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Karleen77, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karleen77

Karleen77 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I Flag emails that I need to follow up on. Because of space issues, I need to filter my emails into different folders, so what happens I read an email, flag it and then I forget about it because I can't see I have items I have flagged. I've been marking the flagged emails as unread so I have the red number beside the folder name, but if I go and read the email again, I lose the number.

Is there a way to have the flagged emails added to my task list?

Thanks,
    Karleen

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

Hi Karleen77

Yes, a Follow Up task can be created, the messages you want to follow up can be added to the Task using: Insert > Item

Or, you can create individual Reminders for your messages and set times for the reminders to pop up.
    You can also place the command: Add Reminder to the message Toolbar, this should reduce the mouse clicks needed to add a reminder to the message.
    Personally, I have also added the command: Mark as Unread on my message Toolbar.

If the Default formatting is in effect in Outlook, Overdue Reminders should also appear in Red font in Outlook.

A new Search folder can also be created and Customized to only search in specific folders for items marked for: Follow Up.
    Search folders created by you can be customized to search for a specific color of flagged messages.
    If you use the Favorite Folders, the Search folder can also be added to that area.

Let us know if any of the above work for you or not, or if you need further clarification.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918767

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice