1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007, 3wks ago good, now SO SLOW

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Jeanette123, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeanette123

Jeanette123 Thread Starter

I'm in the same boat as I've been reading others are. Opening ANY email folder is painfully slow. It starting happening about 3wks ago. I'm the only user of this computer. I bought Remove Duplicates software, PC cleanup software, all a waste of money, ITS STILL SO SLOW. After that software didn't work, I deleted all unnecessary emails one-by-one (ugh!) and THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER. That duplicate software originally scanned 22,000 emails (I can't imagine having that many but they were somewhere I guess). Now I'm down to 3,000 emails that the duplicate finder scans and it's still real slow opening ANY email folder. Getting so sick of this LONG wait to open each folder, Inbox, Sent Mail, Junk, Delete, you name it! Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

2. simon7272

simon7272

Remove Microsoft outlook update KB 2412171 in add/remove it works a treat I had the same problem good luck

3. Jeanette123

Jeanette123 Thread Starter

Thank you Simon7272. I uninstalled Outlook 2007 update KB 2412171, it IS running a bit better now but still a bit sluggish when switching files (Inbox, Send, Delete, Junk). Not back to it's original speed but a lot better than waiting 20-seconds each time I switch files, around 5-seconds now. I haven't restarted the puter yet, maybe that will help too. Thanks a million, appreciate your help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice