1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 and Cpanel - How to connect

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by geoffjak, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. geoffjak

geoffjak Thread Starter

Hello
    I have just come down to Australia from Indonesia and will be working here for the foreseeable future. I have been using Outlook 2007 and my email in Indo without trouble but here in Oz, I cant connect using the same settings.

I am on cable service from Telstra

If i go through the net - ie putting in my cpanel link to my mail through Flock or Firefox it works but not directly to Outlook.

Settings are standard settings so i wont go into the details now.

Can you guys advise me why it wouldnt be working. What do I need to change.

Id really appreciate your help
    Thx

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    The only "cpanel" I have ever heard of is cPanel and that is server bases software that provides a user friendly front end for managing web site and mail servers but not for actually sending and receiving emails.

If you can receive messages but not send them, it is possible that your current service provider may only allow outgoing e-mails to use their own servers and may block relaying e-mails to another mail server outside their system. Some may allow a secured connection to third party servers but that would only work if the third party server (your provider in Indonesia) supports such connections.

If this is not the situation for you, then now would be the time to give us the all details of the "standard settings" you are using. Just use something like (myname) for any information that relates to your actual e-mail address and account user name and (password) for any password information.

3. geoffjak

geoffjak Thread Starter

Thx for the reply Chuck

Yes of course you are right, cPanel is the server based software enabling me to send and receive emails. You said it so accurately.

In Indo using Outlook I could receive and post no problem using the [fictitious] settings attached in Outlook. Here in Oz, Outlook will not accept anything through it. cPanel just cant feed into Outlook.
    Thx...did the attach come through ok?

Attached Files:

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I am not sure how you got that idea from:

Maybe somebody else here that can communicate in a more clear manner can help you out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969509

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice