1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 and Gmail -not able to leave a copy on server

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by edwardag, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. edwardag

edwardag Thread Starter

I am running 2 computers and want to be able to leave my messages on the server o one of them. Both are using Outlook 2007 and both are Windows 7. I am using Gmail. I have checked off to leave a message on the server in Outlook and in Gmail-where I can see the messages that I have downloaded, still there.
    But the other computer is not able to download them, eventhough I cam see them in my gmail account.
    Any ideas? Thanks.

2. LorettaJ

LorettaJ

You will get some application to export and view outook mail. Those type of application can export your outlook mail to different format and you can view outlook mail after convert suitable export format. E-mail Export formats:
    Outlook to PDF and PDF/A
    Outlook to MSG
    Outlook to EML
    Outlook to HTML
    Outlook to MHT
    Outlook to MBOX
    Outlook to GIF, TIF, PNG
    Outlook to TXT
    Outlook to CSV
    encryptomatic.com is one of email view and message export apps developer. I think It can fulfill your email requirement.

3. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

Is Outlook 2007 configured on both computers using POP3 protocol? Is the Send/Receive in Mail Setup under Options set to Automatic Send/Receive on both computers, and is the frequency to automatically Send/Receive set to the same selection? (Like Every 5 minutes, instead of 1 checking every 5 minutes and 1 checking every 2 hours)

4. Bankie

Bankie

it sounds like the mail settings are just wrong on the second computer. If you log into gmail on your browser, and the messages are there, then they should display in the outlook.

Also, using POP3 on two Outlooks requires you to use the "recent" feature.

If you're accessing Gmail on multiple clients through POP, Gmail's 'recent mode' makes sure that all messages are made available to each client, rather than only to the first client to access new mail.

Recent mode fetches the last 30 days of mail, regardless of whether it's been sent to another POP1 client already.

Setting up 'recent mode':

In your POP client settings, replace '[email protected]' in the 'Username' or 'Email' field with 'recent:[email protected]'

OR

You can use IMAP. IMAP allows up to 10 simultaneous connections using imap.

Ryan Bankston
    Home IT Service

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081660

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice