1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 - Can I send a daily recurring email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sucosam, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sucosam

sucosam Thread Starter

Hello,

I am trying to find out if Outlook 2007 has it built in where I can setup an outgoing email to be sent to the same person (or people) everyday at the same time everyday? Can anyone confirm if this is possible and if so, point me in the right direction?

So I want to send this email to [email protected] every day at 4am with no end date

"Please remove your empties"

Possible?

2. valis

valis Moderator

3. bkmgy

bkmgy

4. sucosam

sucosam Thread Starter

I thought I had replied earlier, but I think I clicked the reply button up above and it refreshed the screen instead. D'uh LOL. Anyway, I can't use the Scheduled Task option as the version will only open Outlook but there doesn't seem to be an option to send any emails afterwards. I'm trying to do this for management but IT has restrictions preventing us from installing 3rd party apps like sendemail.exe.

I tried the option that 'bkmgy' suggested in the first link for the MS knowledgebase but the instructions seem as though they may be for a slightly different version of Outlook because some of the steps don't translate to the version I am using. I'm trying to navigate to the same fields using the KB but so far it's not working.

5. valis

valis Moderator

So IT is blocking some stuff on that? Have you asked them for their input? I, as well, would be a bit miffed if someone tossed some third party stuff on my server; that said, if they come to me and state that they have been tasked with xx job, I can generally work with them.

so you may want to bounce this off of IT and see what happens.

6. sucosam

sucosam Thread Starter

Yes valis, I agree, they need to be able to monitor what goes on otherwise we all know what happens if users get free reign over software installs. I just find it a bit of a letdown that an email program doesn't offer the option to repeat an outgoing email. I'll give the information to management and let them decide if they wish to make the request to IT or not. Thx for the input .

7. valis

valis Moderator

no worries. If they come back with a 'no' chances are we can figure something out. May want to speak to them of the cost of reimaging x amount of machines/night (that's going to be thrashing the HD's) as opposed to using a third party app.

thanks,

v

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1091035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice