Outlook 2007 cannot start cannot open the outlook window

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rainforest123

"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook"
"Cannot open the outlook windoww"
"The set of folders cannot be opened"
"errors have been detected"

Vista

friend of a friend of a friend
Last week, the issue was "fixed" by running scanpst.exe

BUT the problem comes back every few days.

Maneuvers considered:
uninstall Office 2007, including ripping it out
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ways-to-uninstall-microsoft-office-2007

Before that drastic step is taken, I'd like your thoughts on fixing the problem.

Thanks.

RF123

Hold Ctrl key while opening OL, use HELP > Office Diagnosis to see if it will repair

RF123,

If opening a PST is causing outlook to crash, try creating a new outlook profile to get outlook to open up first, and then add in the mailboxes/exchange server and PST's 1 by 1 until either you have everything back, or you've recreated the crash and know which file is causing it. In XP, go into Control Panel, Mail and then click on profiles. Delete the profile you have and create a new blank one. I don't have anything running Vista now but I imagine the options to get there won't be hugely different.

Keep in mind you will need to know the location of all the PST's and the logon info for all his mailboxes to recreate his profile as it was before.

Hope this helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online