1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 'can't send or receive emails on windows 7'

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hasher99, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hasher99

hasher99 Thread Starter

Hi

I've set up my outlook 2007 account and it was working fine but now it doesn't send or receive email, all the email I want to send go to the Outbox. It's very irritating!!!!

I deleted my outlook account several times and made a new one but it still doesn't work. The information sent to me was to for incoming mail server was POP3. Port 110
    and outgoing mail server SMTP. Port 25.

I used pop.secureserver.net for incoming and smtpout.secureserver.net for outgoing.

I have also checked 'My outgoing server(SMTP) requires notification' but still no hope.
    Also to mention the Password icon popping up every so often even though I have requested my password to be saved.
    please help me if you can!

Thanks Hasher:

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Who is your email provider?

The settings you have listed just may not be the ones that are required by the provider.

Have you checked the Help page at your email providers website?

NOTE: At this time Comcast is using 110 and 587 as the port numbers, so yours may need to be updated.

3. hasher99

hasher99 Thread Starter

Thanks DaveA.

The email provider requirements are the settings which I updated.

Initially I could send and receive but not now.

Do you think pop.secureserver.net for incoming and smtpout.secureserver.net for outgoing are correct or are there other server types I could try?

4. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Give us the email provider so we can go to their site and fine the instructions for setting up a email account?
    Without this I can not provide any more help.

As for the pop and smtp servers names, each provider can name them what they want, based on the email server program they are using.

5. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    I think I found your provider.
    Check out http://help.securepaynet.net/article/2649#Walk Through?ci=53570

Did you enter the FULL email address in the required box or just the name before the @?

The above instructions says to use port 80 for the smtp.

Have you tried using the "Trouble shooter" at the bottom of the above webpage?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1076638

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice