1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 crashes

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by stuckinIT, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuckinIT

stuckinIT Thread Starter

My new computer running Windows 7 64 bit suddenly has developed the proclivity to enable Outlook 2007 to crash. I've followed all the hints on posts here on the site and none of them have fixed the problem. The problem goes like this: Outlook opens, sometimes lets me view a message or two before crashing, but most of the time it crashes when I am receiving, suddenly I get the error message Outlook has stopped working and am offered the option of re-starting or searching the web (has not born fruit yet) and restarting, either way the app restarts and immediately displays a second message that the application will close, either of two options once again, search the web for a cure and close or just plain close. This is certainly driving me crazy, this app is a must in my day job, I can't even respond to mission critical messages...btw, I have run scanpst (it's a pop3 account), outlook maintenance, installation repair, un installed and re installed, it's still here...help!!! This quirk is going to get me fired....Thanks
    Olt, apparently when shutting down, it's not communicating with the server because when it launches again I receive 4-6 duplicate messages, even if I have deleted them before it bails out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915223

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice