1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 Custom Form

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jvm6177313, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jvm6177313

jvm6177313 Thread Starter

When I started using Outlook[​IMG] Contacts I used the default form for my data; however, I've redesigned the Contacts form in Outlook by adding additional fields. Is there a way now to apply that form to all the contacts in a specific folder so I don't have to reenter them all?

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hello, welcome to the board!

In your new form, are your controls mapped to the correct field names? If so, they should already populate with the data. Or am I missing something? What additional fields did you add? I'm not sure what you mean by just "adding additional fields". Can you give us some more detail as to what you've done, what behavior you're seeing, and what behavior you want to be seeing?

3. jvm6177313

jvm6177313 Thread Starter

I have added two (2) additional fields: one is for my clients' SSN and another for my clients' Account Number. I have published this form and am using the Custom Form. When I 'add' a contact, the new "custom form" pops up and I am good to go. BUT - All of the contacts that were already in my contacts list open with the "default" form. Can I somehow "direct" - "assign" - the new custom form to all of my existing contacts so that when I open one of them, the information is shown in the "new custom" form?

Thanks for the help

4. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/928366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice