1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 deletes msgs from server

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by nc-scot, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nc-scot

nc-scot Thread Starter

I have now seen this problem on 2 different computers. Even though the box "Leave copy of message on server" is checked, all messages are removed from the pop server. I found a Microsoft patch that addresses this problem, but they said it applies only to OL2003 and was fixed in SP3. Apparently not. Any ideas?

Also, in OL 2000, you can uncheck a box so a particular account does not synchronize or download from server. I used this for special situations for an outgoing only account. This seems to have disappeared in OL2007. Is this feature still possible?

2. Krash

Krash

You said this issue occurs in two computers. Do they both have the same email address or from the same domain ? IF they do try a gmail account , config gmail to not save a copy and enable leave a copy on the server. See if this works.

Second issue. This setting is available in the Send / Receive Settings.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589713

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice