Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook 2007 display plain text messages options voided

4K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  DaveA 
#1 ·
Outlook 2007 has begun to behave strangely.

Plain text messages received do not display in the font selected in Tools>Options>Mail Format>Stationery & Fonts>Composing and reading plain text messages

These incoming messages are suddenly displaying in a smaller font, Time New Roman 10 (or some paragraphs Tahoma 10) even though the more readable default font Consolas 10.5 is still set there.

No changes to font and size in that dialogue have any effect at all on *received* plain text messages (but new *created* messages respond to changes made in the dialogue)

Created plain text messages correctly use Consolas 10.5 or any other setting when selected, the problem is only received plain text messages.

Anyone have a clue?

#6 ·
OK, I found the Plain text area.

Are you sure that these problem emails are plain text, any other font can not be displayed if they are?
Open one to reply or forward and if you can change the font, then it is NOT plain text.

#7 ·
You're quite right, they're not Plain Text emails. I even sent a Plain Text email to myself and it's fine.

However, these received emails which are defaulting to 10 point Times New Roman or Tahoma are from people and companies who regularly send to me (and I believe they were using Plain Text). Their messages never looked so small in the past, this is a sudden change.

Do you know any global setting I can use to remedy this to get back to where I was with the default display? Ctrl-mouse wheel has to be done every time and is temporary.

Appreciate your time and intest by the way.

#8 ·
ONLY the sender can control the type that you are being sent.

You might check with the senders to see if they have a option for YOU to select which type you want sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.