1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 error

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by krazeecrw, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazeecrw

krazeecrw Thread Starter

I have a user who we have just upgraded Office 2003 Professional to Office 2007 Professional on Windows XP and and Exchange server. Every time this user turns on Outlook he recieves the error "A data file was not closed properly" and it tells him that performance will be degraded while it checks his program.

Any ideas what may be causing this?? I have seen this out on the web but mostly saying to run repairs on his PST file but in this instance we cannot do this as it is on the Exchange server.

I have other users we upgraded that do not have this issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Krash

Krash

Create a new Outlook Profile.
    If the issue still occurs then there is some add-in thats not allowing Outlook to close properly.

Is the Outlook.OST file on the network or on the local computer ? If its on the network then try using a local OST file.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594631

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice