1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 (Exchange client) will not save contact email address

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Baldycoot, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Baldycoot

Baldycoot Thread Starter

I am running Vista Ultimate SP1, Outlook 2007 (12.06423.1000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000) with an http Exchange mail account as well as an Outlook Connector for Hotmail plus POP mailboxes.

Recently (since installation of Office SP2) adding a new contact or sending an message with a new email address the email address is not underlined and when attempting to save the contact or send message the following error is displayed:

"The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."

This message also appears even if I try and send meesage by one of the POP accounts. :confused:

This is very frustrating as I cannot create new contacts or send new messages. I'd pull my hair out... but I've got none left!

I would appreciate if anyone knows how to fix this issue.

Thanks.

2. jkutay

jkutay

Appreciate that you have correlated the problem to Office 2007 SP2. I am having the same problem with an XP Pro PC using Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003 over Http/RPC. There are two accounts: Exchange and one POP. If I take the Exchange connection "off line" it is possible to add the new email address to the contact. THEN, I can send the email via either Exchange or POP. Also, I cannot send an email to an address that is not already in "contacts", or apparently never sent an email to a particular address. So, same work around. Take Exchange offline and then send email via POP account. With Exchange back online, it is now possible to send to the new email address.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/827072