1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 in Windows 7 Problems

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mparegian, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mparegian

mparegian Thread Starter

Outlook kept asking for my password and ignoring my correct answer. It was unusable. I deleted my account and reconfigured it and now it does connect. The problem now is it attempts to download hundreds of emails - takes quite awhile - nothing downloads at all - it then starts over downloading those same emails again - still nothing. The cycle just keeps repeating. I am using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7. Please help.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    What email account do you have? G-Mail? Yahoo?

3. mparegian

mparegian Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.....My ISP for emails is MSN which now means Outlook which was originally Hotmail.....I went into my ISP account and cleaned up all emails and deletes, etc. - now the only remaining emails there are about 20 which I need to deal with. I then went back into my email client (Outlook 2007) and unchecked "leave all emails on the server". To date that has done nothing - I am now just getting a recycle of those 19 emails from Hotmail/Outlook but they never actually download into my email client which is Outlook 2007.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Are you using POP?

5. mparegian

mparegian Thread Starter

Absolutely - I am using Outlook 7 as my email client - POP3, not IMAP - this setup has been working for years just the way it is presently configured - now it is not..... ?? Suggestions....

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Hotmail is better used with the HTTP Server function. This way it will sync up with your emails online.

When you go through the email setup, and choose HTTP server, just put your email address and password and it should automatically do the rest.

7. mparegian

mparegian Thread Starter

I assume you are talking about reconfiguring the email account in Outlook 7 - using HTTP rather than Pop ?? It has been working perfectly all this time with my present configuration - why would it stop working correctly now ?? My ISP is MSN but that has recently been changed to the web version of what they are now calling Outlook.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Yes, to reconfigure to HTTP... POP will keep downloading old emails that you didn't remove from the server. :)

As to change, it did not (should not) have affected E-Mail client access. I have 2 hotmail accounts and have no trouble. However I don't use POP either.

Just for kicks, can you use Windows Live Mail and configure that to see if you get the same issue?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1095900

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice