outlook 2007 - keeps asking for pop3 password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

boboman

I'm lost -- Outlook 2007 -- keep getting a dialog box asking for my username and password - when entered it ask again and again. I checked everything and it should be OK - tried rebooting -no effect -- repaired the connection string - no effect. This has worked for a long time and now is going south.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Most likely a issue with the server, which you can not do anything about.
Call your email provider.

boboman

Don't think that's the problem -- this is a gmail account -- why wife has an account also with gmail - she not using outlook and her's is working OK. Something is fishy here.

Every time I have seen this it has been to do with (most commonly) the password, then the server, then the connection.

I would make sure you can log into the webmail with the same password you're using for POP, then check your gmail POP / IMAP settings. Gmail can occasionally lock you out of IMAP / POP access if it suspects you're doing something fishy.

boboman

many thanks -- somehow it got resolved. I swear I didn't do anything. Just interested - how does something like this get started?

It will also prompt for a password if the mail server is unavailable.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
many thanks -- somehow it got resolved. I swear I didn't do anything. Just interested - how does something like this get started?
Because there was a problem on the other end. Just because the wife's account worked, does not mean that yours will. Hers could be on a different server than yours is.

Can you just see that one server with ALL of the Gmail accounts and data on it, not going to happen. :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online