1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 Limits the number of Attachments

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pcoaltrain, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcoaltrain

pcoaltrain Thread Starter

Since the transition to Office 2007, we get an issue once in a while, and this one I have not been able to find an answer for...

Although I assume its not that common for someone to want to attach 20+ files into an email, in our experience, its limited to 19 at a time. But then you can go back and attach the rest. So if you select all of the documents from a folder(over 20), only 19 will show being attached. Its evident on the multiple users tested.

Its not a size issue because most are small PDFs and a couple various Office documents, and it allows you to go back and attach the rest that didn't make it the first time around.

Here's what we're using:
    Exchange Server 2003
    Office 2007 SP1
    Windows XP Pro SP2

Its not a critical mass user issue, just an annoyance for some. Thanks for any info!

2. srhoades

srhoades

My guess would not be number of attachments but total size. I belive the default total attachment size in exchange is 10MB.

3. pcoaltrain

pcoaltrain Thread Starter

Thanks for responding! I thought so too at first, but they're all small files. All of the files combine are under 3MB. Plus, either side of the message wouldn't allow the tramsmission or receiving of the email if it were too big, or it would error right away.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice