1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 losing shared calendar permissions

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Codescribler, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Codescribler

Codescribler Thread Starter

Hi All,

My users are on Outlook 2007 and we connect to an exchange server (2003). The problem we are having is that previously shared calendars are suddenly becoming unavailable. The message that pops up is:

'The set of folders cannot be opened.'

A more detailed message suggests the following:

'This error usually occurs if the OST or PST file you are using is:
    > Unavailable
    > Protected with file permissions.
    > On a share on a server and the network is down.
    > Corrupt

To correct this problem, store the OST or PST file on the local computer.

You may also want to run the scanost.exe and scanpst.exe tools to verify file integrity.'

I have tried scanning them and they are fine. When I look at the permissions they are gone. When the user re-shares the calendar it is ok again but often looses the permission after a re-boot (but not always).

Any ideas welcome...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice