1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 message: offline folder file cannot be configured

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by SmallBizBoss, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmallBizBoss

SmallBizBoss Thread Starter

The day after my latest Win 7 Update, I suddenly started getting the error message:

MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK OFFLINE FOLDERS:
    Your offline folder file cannot be configured.

c:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost

Besides this message, my emails struggle to open, I cannot attach files to outgoing emails, etc. I tried the Recovery function, to take my laptop to a date prior to the Windows Update I did on 5/21, but it couldn't execute for that date, or for prior dates (which may be another separate problem to deal with). I don't know what to do, other than possibly reinstall Office. Advice?

2. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

It sounds like something is wonky with your last update. See if you can uninstall it, reboot, and check your Outlook program. If it works properly, you might consider reinstalling the update...or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099534

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice