1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook 2007 missing mail items in folder

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by aruen, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aruen

aruen Thread Starter

I was using outlook 2007 and i have a folder which is a sub of my inbox which i use as a temp holding folder - Well today all of the sudden the 57 items i had in this folder disappaered.

The weird thing is when i use oulook serch to look for the sugject line (i remembered on eor two) it finds it in the folder that i am looking (yet they are not in theiir as visable) Weird....

I was able to move the 2 pieces that i remembered the folder from the serce back into the folder yet i dont know where they were as it shows it in the same folder yet they were not there and after i moved then, these two were there.

I tried to repair folder (no luck)
    I tried to clear any filters (no luck)

Any thouhts

Attached Files:

2. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

3. aruen

aruen Thread Starter

Thanks - that was a good thought but didn't work - still open to suggestions anyone.

4. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

you can force a reset on all the folders by starting Outlook with the /cleanviews switch;

• Windows XP
      Start-> Run: outlook.exe /cleanviews
    • Windows Vista and Windows 7
      Start-> type: outlook.exe /cleanviews

5. aruen

aruen Thread Starter

Thanks - I will try that. I actualy got back me e mailed by doing a search and including the folders in the search - once i did that i was able to see all of my missing mail and just moved it back into the folder it came from and they are now all there . Thank you for your sugestion 20-2- Many - I will try that as well but for now my issue is resolved - thanks All

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086337

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice