outlook 2007 move

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mccarron

how do I move my outlook mail and settings. My old computer died but we we able to recover most of the files including my documents and setting directory. I copied the pst file into d&S\username\local settings\microsoft\outlook

When I open outlook it wants to go through a wizard to create my account. I have created the account and then recopied the pst to overwrite it, but that doesn't seem to work. How do you do this? Is all the account info in the PST or are there other files I need?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I find the best way is import the old one into the new one.
This way it should get every thing and you will have a clean PST file.

Use, File Import and Export, the select "Import from another program or file", then select PST file and then browse to where you have saved your old pst file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online