1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 Name Sort

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by JCodrington, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCodrington

JCodrington Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 3002 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 596413 MB, Free - 407422 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NWQAA
    Antivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled

I have Outlook 2007 installed as part of Microsoft Office 2007 Professional.

I have save my Contacts as follows;

Display First Middle Last
    Save as: as per the individual Contact Listing

I have a mix to two save as formats.

The first one is : Last Name, First name
    The Second is: Company, Last Name

The First one displays OK, although I now get s situation where is sorts by First Name and NOT Surname

The second one used to work and now will not.

I will group names by companies to keep these people together. They used to display (in detailed View) the Company Name and then the CONTACT Name.

Not sure what happened, however the Sort system will now not sort and display the names by the Save As that I want. It just sorts by last name, with NO reference to the Company any more. I never had this issue with Outlook 2003

If I go in and manually Open up the contact box, I have to open up the name section, close it, then open up the Save As section select the sequence and then close it save, it will then display correctly until I do another sort and it loses the display sequence that I want. Is there any way to fix this. This is definitely a program bug, which I never had in Outlook 2003. I have over 200 names grouped in this way to find the contacts in a company. I do not wantto have to manually update two hundred names when the Save As display feature has already been set in that contacts card.

Any solutions or do I go back to Outlook 2003.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025189

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice