1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 - Network Password Prompt/Missing Items

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by MakoShark, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MakoShark

MakoShark Thread Starter

Hi

I've just moved a .pst file from one computer to another. Both are Office 2007.

I can see my emails and inbox folders but have the following problems:

• It didn't copy over my calendar items, contacts, tasks.
    • I keep getting a prompt for a network password.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    MakoShark

2. Sponsor

3. icmpechome

icmpechome

Did the original computer connect to Exchange and this one doesn't or something like that? What is the scenario?

The calendar, contacts and tasks might not have been stored in the pst you moved. If using Exchange, they might just be on the Exchange Server and the ost.(offline files folders)
    As far as logging in, you probably have the computer trying to access the Exchange server and its not able to find the domain. I don't know if you need this or not.
    What is it you're trying to do?

4. MakoShark

MakoShark Thread Starter

These are just two home PCs that I use for work. There is no server, no Exchange, nothing else to interfere.

I'd thought that PSTs held all Outlook information. Am I mistaken. Or, is this stuff stored somewhere else.

I'm going with all the defaults.

Hope that makes it a little clearer.

5. MakoShark

MakoShark Thread Starter

When did Tech Support Guy start to allow adverts to pop up in the middle of threads??

6. supercreator

supercreator

Hey Dear,

I was just able to solve this problem in my outlook 2007

Here's the article that explains it all:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290684

I followed the step where we find the .pst file location of problematic email address (which is being prompted the password for), create a new profile (recreate the email account that is giving you the problem) and point the new profile's .pst storage to the old damaged file.

I then deleted the old account. It's now working great! Yoohooooo!

Read it and I am sure you'll get it done asap!

RGDS

Armaan

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/748080