1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 new message format

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kjs00333, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjs00333

kjs00333 Thread Starter

May 21, 2012
    Hello all,
    Having a really strange issue and hopefully can get some assistance. I have a user here that everytime she goes to create a new message in outlook 2007, the body default text is italic..but the thing is, it's only the first 3 lines of the new message that are in italic. If you delete the first 3 lines, the rest of the body is in regular format.

Some of the things I checked was her signature, which was not in italic. Even without a signature, the first 3 lines of the body was italic. Font settings are showing as regular, nothing in italic. I created a new outlook profile which didn't work, and a system restore to when she reported it starting to happen and still no dice..

I looked around in word and excel for anything italic and couldn't see anything. I have never seen this happen before. Any ideas to resolve this?
  2. pip22

Nov 21, 2004
    First try repair:

Open Outlook
    Click Tools >> Office Diagnostics

If still no joy, backup the outlook.pst file at C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst
    Uninstall Outlook.
    Re-install Outlook.

Restore outlook.pst file from backup if necessary (though usually uninstalling Outlook doesn't touch the user profile).
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1054036