1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 New Message Indicator Gmail

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by colemac, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. colemac

colemac Thread Starter

I have Outlook 2007 and I have been checking everywhere to figure out how to set the little windows notification that pops up in the bottom right beside the system tray for new mail. Not the system tray envelope icon. I know it works when using a pop account. I have my gmail set up through IMAP and I can't seem to get the notification. I figured out it out with a rule for the new message envelope in the system tray but not the actual window that shows who the message is from and subject.

Can anyone Help

Appreciate the feedback,

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

3. colemac

colemac Thread Starter

I really thought there was a way. Has anyone had any luck with this? I have searched some forums but I have not found an answer. Has anyone been able to do this?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The article I posted is pretty clear. The functionality just doesn't exist.

5. colemac

colemac Thread Starter

I have seen people that said on forums that they got it work with the gmail imap account. They just didn't provide a solution. Any thoughts?

6. Ratboy

Ratboy

colemac,

Perhaps the other forums were referring to setting up a New Item Alert using Outlook's Rules and Alerts. It's different (see image below) than the one mentioned in the link provided by DoubleHelix, but it might work for you.

In Outlook go to Tools > Rules and Alerts > New Rule

Select the following options:
    Check messages when they arrive
    through the specified account {click link and select IMAP account}
    display a specific message in the New Item Alert window {click link and enter desired alert message}

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. colemac

colemac Thread Starter

No not exactly. I know how to set up the new alerts. Its actually the window that pops up in the bottom right not the system tray but just a rectangle box with the new message. Outlook 2003 and 2007 have it. 2002 did not.

Anyone have any feedback?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/863594

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice