1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook 2007 not sending

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by moose69, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. moose69

moose69 Thread Starter

Hi I'm having a problem with Outlook 2007 on my desktop. Getting all my emails returned with this message "550 5.1.1 Relaying denied to domain".

I have checked my POP3 server on my laptop and it works no problem.

It appears to me that here is some sort of corruption in the Outlook Programme on my desktop. Can anyone offer a solution please otherwise I will have to reinstall office as that is the only way I can see out of this at the moment.

Thanks in advance

moose69:confused::confused::confused:

2. pip22

pip22

It may be that your outgoing (SMTP) server requires authentication so that your email provider can identify you as the authorised owner of that account.

Open Outlook
    Click Tools > Account Settings
    Double-click your email account
    Click More Settings
    Click Outgoing Server tab
    Tick the box for "My outgoing server requires authentication"
    Click radio-button for "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
    Click 'OK'

3. moose69

moose69 Thread Starter

Hi pip thanks for the response that is not the problem as I already had this account working and I set it up in the first place. I set it up on my laptop today and it works perfectly. My outgoing mail server is different than my incoming server but that is not the problem either. I have just cleared a pile of ad-ware and spyware from the desktop PC. I am currently awaiting the result of Hijack this and DDS logfiles and if that does not fix it I will have to reinstall. unless of course someyone can come up with another option. I live in hope for the moment

moose69

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Moose69,
    Did you check the settings that pip22 suggested?
    If not do it, they may have gotten changed.

5. moose69

moose69 Thread Starter

I did I also did a repair and the test email functions. On the function that pip suggested "My outgoing server requires authentication" there is no authentication required or at least has never been up to now. and it works on my laptop without it. I cant click "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" or I will definitely get no outgoing service. I am already using different mail servers for incoming and outgoing mail as I have been doing for the past six years. The settings I am using are correct or at least identical to those on the laptop and its working.

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Many of the email providers have been changing the port numbers, you need to check to see that they are the same on both machines.

7. moose69

moose69 Thread Starter

I just set it up fresh on my laptop and its definitely the same as on my desktop. It has to be some sort of corruption on my desktop

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029493

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice