1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 - problem printing meeting from calendar

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by RideJunkie, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RideJunkie

RideJunkie Thread Starter

I have a user who is trying to print a meeting request from her calendar in Outlook 2007. When she opens the meeting and tries to print, she gets this error:

"There is a problem with the selected printer. You might need to reinstall the printer. Try again, or use a different printer."

This message comes up no matter which printer she chooses (local or network). Oddly enough, when she opens the item within the meeting request, she is able to print that. She is also able to print other items (emails, Word docs, etc.) to all printers with no problems.

Any ideas?? We are new to Office 2007 & this is the first time I've seen this. I was unable to duplicate the problem on my machine.

Thank you.

2. RideJunkie

RideJunkie Thread Starter

Just wanted to add: this just happened with a different user who was trying to print an email that contained an attached item. So it seems the commom denominator is the attached item within the email / appointment they are trying to print. Not sure why that is causing a problem, and why it's only happening with certain users. I still haven't been able to replicate the problem on my comuter.

3. LeftFielder

LeftFielder

I have not experienced problems printing calendar items, but I did have that issue with certain emails. The issue turned out to be a "custom" paper size was coded into these emails, most likely from Lotus Notes or a CRM program.

My resolution was to open the email. Go to the print menu and select "Memo Style" under the Page Setup header. From there select the Paper tab and change it from custom to Letter. That did the trick. I do need to do this for each affected email, so I would classify this as a workaround.

Hope it helps you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice