1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 Rules Not Working

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Monty75, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Monty75

Monty75 Thread Starter

I am using the rules wizard in Outlook 2007 to forward messages. The rule is:
    Apply this rule after the message arrives
    sent to me
    forward it to e-mail address

The rule does not work, even though I have it checked on. If I force it run through the wizard it works. Any thoughts?

2. Monty75

Monty75 Thread Starter

3. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
  4. Ciberblade

Ciberblade Retired Moderator

Heyyo Monty,

First, was this a clean install of 2007, or did you upgrade from '02/'03? If the later, Open you 'rules and alerts' under 'tools' and select the rule you want.

Looking at your rule....the functionality is correct, and that is verified by the fact that it will forward when you force the run.

So, you've selected your rule...now at the far upper-right of the dialog box, select 'options' and under 'rules upgrade' select 'upgrade now' -- this will force your rule to adhere to the '07 policy manager.

By the way...is your mail on an exchange system by chance? And next to your rule, does it have (client-only) listed next to it?

CB :cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice