1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 "Sending reported error"- can receive mail but can't send!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Angela1204, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela1204

Angela1204 Thread Starter

Hi I run Windows Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2007. I've set up POP3 access for Gmail and to download mail from mail.bigpond.com (an Australian ISP). Initial setup was fine and I can send test messages to myself.

Recently I've had trouble sending (but not receiving) email via Outlook. The following error message is shown:

Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) email server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP).

This message occurs for both my email accounts.

If I reboot the computer, then sometimes the mail will be sent successfully. I've checked the "account settings" on Outlook- and they are exactly as those given by my ISP/Gmail. But when I click on "test account settings", the test message can't be sent.

What's going on?!

2. Soroti

Soroti

Angela,

Refer to the earlier query in this section dated 10th April under heading " OE suddenly asking for Logon Password" which shows possible ways of overcoming this . I reckon it's server problem as I had it re-occur a couple of days ago . My Mail is Btinternet which started rejecting my outward messages. I know that BT uses Yahoo so Isubstituted "mail.yahoo.com" for "mail.btinternet.com" ( OE/Tools/Accounts/Properties/Servers) and it immediately started working . So whatever the ISP says it IS their fault and somehow their systems start rejecting things for no valid reason .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/715733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice