Outlook 2007 Task Request issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lee_1133

Hi,

Today using outlook 2007 I tried to send a task to someone (also with outlook 2007) but when they get the email there was no option to accept or decline this request? I tried many times with the same result even after finding a step by step guide online. I seem to be doing it correctly.

I am on Vista they are on XP, they get the email fine and the task goes into my task list (for updates) but the recipient does not have the option to accept or decline?

Please help,

Regards,
Lee

Unless both of you are connected to an Exchange Server (2003 or 2007), and they talk to each other, you can't send tasks that way. They go via email. The recipient must drag the file to the task pane and it will automatically place, but you won't get a response. Tasks are managed by the Free/Busy part of Exchange, not Outlook, which is only a client.

Courtney

lee_1133

Hi,

sorry you've lost me? Whats the point of this feature if it cannot be sent this way? How do we connect to an exchange server? Is it free?

Basically I want to give tasks out via outlook but monitor the progress/be notified when complete. When I looked into how this process is done there was never any mention of an exchange server?

lee_1133

Can someone please help with this, I don't know how or what an exchange server is/does? I have had a look on the Internet to see how to create task requests and exchange servers are not mentioned anywhere as a requirement from what I found?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online