Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook 2007 unable to receive email

14K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  rcowen 
#1 ·
Outlook 2007 unable to receive email. Work from home, able to send email but not receive email for either of my two accounts; suddenly started during the day without any other noticeable changes; has continued for 4 days. Has been working fine for 18 months on Windows 7 HP laptop. Disabled and then removed Avast anti-virus: no change. Not running Zone Alarm. Removed Outlook and reloaded (with all updates): no change. Removed and then recreated both email accounts: no change. Took laptop to another location to eliminate possibility of problems with router or ISP (AT&T): no change. Following add-ins are active: iTunes, Microsoft conferencing, Exchange unified messaging, SharePoint server colleague, VBA for Outlook, Outlook backup, Change notifier, search email indexer.

When F9 request to send/receive or automated, progress shows sending of email and "live meeting transport" but does not show the two email accounts receiving anything. I'm able to check email from web sites but not from Outlook so I know there is email to be received.

Any suggestions (other than to reload Windows) greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
Unfortunately there are no error messages, it just looks like it's not requesting to receive email because it does not show that activity in the progress window but it does show "sending" activity. There are two email providers (Gmail and the company's) so both of them would have to changed for both to fail at the same time.

#5 ·
I just discovered that I can download the headers, then mark them for download and download the entire message. I don't think it's the ports but for some unknown reason Outlook is not able to automatically download messages in their entirety.

#7 ·
Yes, Gmail is set correctly. The problem is probably a setting in Outlook because I can download the headers and entire message (for both accounts) but in two steps. I also just uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook again and the problem persists.

#9 ·
PROBLEM FIXED: I discovered that the reason I could not download the entire message was because the "send/receive groups" function was not working. To compound the problem, when trying to create the groups, nothing happened when selected (Tools/SendReceive/SendReceiveSettings/DefineSendReceiveGroups). That was caused by a corrupt "srs" file which I fixed by changing the name to "old" and then Outlook recreated a new one when restarted. Here is the page I discovered that solved the problem: http://www.office-outlook.com/outlook-forum/index.php/m/579776/

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.