1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 user-defined fields not showing in Word 2007 merge

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dgrahamii, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgrahamii

dgrahamii Thread Starter

On computer1, I have successfully created a customized form with user-define fields in Outlook 2007 and a merge document in Word 2007 that works (starting the merge from Outlook 2007). I want to copy the custom form with the user-define fields and the merge document to a second computer (computer2).

I saved the custom form with fields from computer1 to a *.fdm file using the Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Options, Custom Forms, Manage forms. On computer2 I used the same process to install the custom form file (*.fdm) into Outlook 2007 and created a new contact folder that uses the form and displays/adds new contact records correctly. I also copied the Word merge document to computer2. Computer1 and computer2 both have Office 2007.

All the problems occur on computer2. First, when I attempted to merge (starting in Outlook 2007), Word gave messages that all my user-defined fields did NOT exist in the database although I could see them in the Contact records. I attempted to create a new document and the user-define fields do NOT show up in the Word merge field list either.

On computer2, I created from scratch a new contacts folder with a new custom form and user-define fields which works when merging. Therefore, the problem seems to be that Word can not see the fields I created from the *.fdm file I installed.

Can anyone please help me with this? Thank you in advance.

Don

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice