1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 will not work - pst file?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by fdl, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fdl

fdl Thread Starter

I have not been able to use Outlook for some time now. I cannot do anything - send, receive, delete, dismiss - I get an error message that says

"fileC:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. Close any application that is using this file and then try again. You may need to restart your computer."

I have closed everything and restarted my computer, I have put in the CD and used the repair feature on my original disc, I have reinstalled update KB2412171 from the Microsoft website, and I have today had my server tech "go into my computer" and check all settings and try to get it working. He says the problem is with Outlook and I should contact Microsoft support but they are very expensive. HELP! I am currently operating through webmail and it is wearing thin as a way to live.

I should mention that this started at about the same time as my server went with windows live as our email server but the tech guy says that had nothing to do with it. All my settings are correct, etc.

Here is what I am running if that helps .....

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3002 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1309 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 227536 MB, Free - 118239 MB; D: Total - 10934 MB, Free - 1841 MB;
    Motherboard: Wistron, 3612
    Antivirus: Trend Micro Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Have you rebooted the machine, and then gone to "Task Manager" and see if it is running?
    If it is running, select it, and shut it down, then try and open Outlook from the icon.

If so you need to find what is starting Outlook on boot up.

There are many programs that do this including fax, cell phone interfaces, and etc.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Anyone can copy and paste a result from a search engine. If you have no better advice to give than that, please do not post at all.

If you have no personal experience with a piece of software, or relaible recommendations from someone trusted, you should not be asking someone else to be a guinea pig and try it out unless you inform them of that fact.

5. EBSchrader

EBSchrader

Do you still have this problem? If so, are you able to use Outlook in Safe Mode? Sometimes just that simple trick is enough to fix the problem.

6. Rockn

Rockn

Beckan0123...what are you posting links to executable files? Sounds like SPAM or possible malware to me.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice