1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 will receive but not send

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cher-bear02, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cher-bear02

cher-bear02 Thread Starter

I used the same setup for over 18 months and things have been going ok, until now: Dell XPS laptop with Windows Vista Home Prem & MS Office 2007. Trend Micro is antivirus, which says its up-to-date. I have 2 email accounts setup in my Outlook 2007.

Email #1 - Can receive emails only---errors when I try to send for about the last 4 days (provider is Road Runner)

Email #2 - Can send or receive (provider is private domain through Go Daddy)

Something occurred last week (not sure what exactly) that caused Trend Micro to start asking if I want to block or allow Outlook 2007.

This morning I noticed a new icon on my taskbar that was never there before today: A grayed out Outlook icon with a tiny x on it appears in the system tray (right side). I already have an Outlook icon in the notification area (left side).

Any thoughts on what has changed my settings....a virus?....recent Office updates pushed out to my machine automatically?....Any ideas you can offer on how to get my Outlook sending/receiving for both accounts again will be appreciate.

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi cher-bear02

Normally a grayed out Outlook icon with an X on it means Outlook is in Work Offline mode.
    In Outlook, select: File > Work Offline to toggle Outlook back online.

As for the other Outlook icon on the left side, are you sure that icon is not part of the Quick Launch bar?

3. cher-bear02

cher-bear02 Thread Starter

I have 2 Outlook accounts I'm able to view at the same time (each has their own inbox). I can send/receive from Outlook account #1, but can only receive on Outlook account #2. Outlook can't be offline if I'm sending/receiving on one and receiving on the other.

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Sure it can. There are Send/Receive settings that can be set for Outlook while offline.
    Tools > Send/Receive > Send/Receive Settings > Define Send/Receive Groups
    When Outlook is Offline....
    Include this group in send/receive (F9)
    Schedule an automatic send/receive every xx minutes​

Did you check to see if Work Offline was checked?

Please post the exact error message you are receiving.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/836289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice