Outlook 2007 & Windows 10 ver. 2004

Larkru

Larry
I updated Windows 10 to the May version (2004) last week. The programs in Office 2007 still work except for Outlook. It no longer can receive email from any of my accounts. I get "not implemented" errors. It will not let me look at my accounts. It won't save any information entered in Calendar or Contacts. Any ideas on how to restore it to its ancient glory? Thanks...Larry.

In control panel -> Add/remove programs there should be an option to "Repair" office Installation.

Larkru

Larry
Thanks for the Control Panel option. Unfortunately, just as the Repair function starts running, I get an error message about the repair application. It gives no further options.

Larkru

Larry
"Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 configuration did not complete successfully. An unexpected error has occurred."
Sorry about that. Hope the above helps.

This is what I hate about MS OS updates....it generally breaks existing software.

That said, you better off uninstalling said Office Suite and reinstall it. It's a big PITA but it works. Especially if you use Outlook as your email client.

Personally, I've opted out of using my Office 2016 Pro Plus and moved to Libre Office. As I switched to the Windows 10 Mail app and didn't need all the extra stuff in Outlook 2016. I only used Word and maybe Power Point and Excel a few times.

Office 2007 it looks is no longer supported

So unless you have the installer backed up, fixing the problem would be pain if not impossible.

What you can try out (if there is no backup) is to perform system restore.
But likely not in your best interests, since that would mean getting rid of Windows build 2004.

"not implemented" errors after upgrade seems like something is no longer "supported" by OS.

Larkru

Larry
I would gladly reinstall Office 2007; however, I no longer have the original disk. I made two backup disks, but for some reason, Explorer shows them both as blank disks. I've used them in the past with success. I don't know what happened to them.
I've been using Outlook as my email client since it first came out. I guess I may need to change.

Larkru

Larry
I created both disks on CDs. I'll check to make certain my CD player is working properly. Thanks for your help.
Larry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online