1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 Won't save any data

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by DurinsBane87, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DurinsBane87

DurinsBane87 Thread Starter

I recently installed Outlook 2007 on my computer after having reinstalled Windows XP. I saved my .pst files from outlook before hand, hoping to be able to save my contacts and calendar, etc.

However, when I attempted to save a test contact, I got the following message:

This Item cannot be saved to this folder. This folder was deleted or moved, or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?

Show/hide help button Open in help window button

Usually this error message occurs when your mailbox has exceeded the size limit established by your administrator. Or, your mailbox has exceeded the mailbox size restriction of two terabytes.
    To eliminate this issue, archive or delete messages until the size of the mailbox is less than the limitation imposed by the administrator or is less than two terabytes, whichever is smaller.

No button yes button

When I click yes, i get another message:

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.

I've restarted it, rebooted, and tried to fix it by running the installation CD's repair function. no change. I get the same messages when trying to save an appointment on the calendar.

I noticed when I reinstalled Windows that many of the program folders remained in place, And it's very possible that when I moved the files I wanted to save from accidental deletion, I may have just cut the folder with the .pst files out, and this may be causing all the problems. I imagine that if this is the case, putting them back would fix it, but i don't recall exactly where they go.

Any help would be much appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/905152

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice