1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 Won't SEND/RECEIVE

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by registry, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. registry

registry Thread Starter

Please help. I have Windows Vista Premium, running on Toshiba A215-S4747, and Microsoft Office 2007 and Outlook 2007.

Until about a week ago, Outlook 2007 ran fine (although very slow to boot up). But then the other day it stopped SEND/RECEIVE when I hit the SEND/RECEIVE icon. Everything else appears to work normally. I can read old emails, etc. I don't get any error messages. When I click the SEND/RECEIVE icon, the egg timer shows up for a nano second but then nothing happens. I also can't manually send emails when I hit SEND after typing an email. I don't know that much about how to find all the files on my computer to cure the problem. Can anyone offer assistance?

Thanks very much.
    John

2. ChuckE

ChuckE

Without any messages it is very hard to diagnose.
    All I can suggest is that your verify your incoming and outgoing mail server names.

See if you can set up another PC with those same settings to see if the problem is just your computer. Many times this sort of problem is just a simple naming issue, perhaps your provider has changed something? check for that.

3. registry

registry Thread Starter

Thanks Chuck E. Yes, you're right...sort of hard with no error messages. I'm thinking that it might have something to do with a .pst file though. Based upon some of my online research, it seems that when .pst files get too big, they may lock up your Outlook. Maybe the file gets too large and can no longer receive any email. I compacted my .pst file and it didn't resolve the situation yet though. Earlier I was able to send a test message successfully (I verified that it was sent when I went to my yahoo internet email to pick it up), but now it's not even doing that.

Okay, will keep trying for more information.

Thanks.
    John

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/710809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice