1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook 2007 Won't Send

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ewilke86, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ewilke86

ewilke86 Thread Starter

Windows XP SP3
    Outlook 2007

I tried to send an e-mail, not realizing that I had attached too many things. I don't know how I did it, it just attached 20 files instead of the 2 I was trying to attach. (Probably my mouse battery dying and made the mouse glitch, selecting all the files as I was hitting OK.)

Now this 192Mb message has been stuck in my Outbox for 5 days and it's preventing other messages from sending. I have tried the following.

Sending it. (Duh)
    Deleting it from Outbox.
    Cancelling the send.
    Opening the E-mail itself, (will not because it currently sending)
    Moving the e-mail to another folder.
    Restarting Outlook.
    Restarting my computer.
    Praying.

I am receiving messages fine, and when I use the webmail versions of my e-mail, I receive a copy of all e-mails I send into my inbox. Please help me.

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

There should be an option under the FILE menu to work offline. Trying deleting the email while in Offline mode.

Rollin

3. ewilke86

ewilke86 Thread Starter

FIXED! Oh my gosh, I feel stupid that I didn't think of that. Sigh. Thank you so much.

4. glendell

glendell

I too had the problem. I dont remember how but I was able to remove the message from outbox. Problem is Outlook begins to process tasks but stays in "sending" even though there is nothing in outbox. Dont know what to do. Can someone help?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1015782