1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sbuck16, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sbuck16

sbuck16 Thread Starter

My brother emailed from his iPod, picture, but never received them in outlook 2007. Never got Email at all. However got them in Yahoo mail just fine. So why doesn't outlook work with JPEG using Wins 7? Any help

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Was he JPG embedded or attached? Are your Outlook settings set to allow embedded photos to be displayed?

3. sbuck16

sbuck16 Thread Starter

embedded....i am not sure how to set display to allow

4. gyclone

gyclone

It doesn't sound to me like the jpeg is the problem. I get jpeg's (embedded and as attachments) all the time. Even if your settings were preventing the image from being displayed automatically, you should still get the e-mail (there'd just be a little alert at the top of the message telling you that images had been blocked and offering you the option to display images and other blocked content).

The message was probably filtered as "junk", or otherwise blocked, somewhere along the way. This can be a tricky problem to pinpoint and usually requires a significant amount of testing. Here are some things you can try:

Have the sender send you a message without an image and see if that comes through.

Make sure the sender is white-listed, both in Outlook and with your mail provider.

Check to make sure you don't have any mail from that sender in your junk folders, either in Outlook or your mail provider's webmail.

Make sure the sender is not black-listed in Outlook or with your mail provider (yes, it is possible for an address to be both black-listed and white-listed and it will cause problems).

Make sure your mail boxes, both online and in Outlook, have sufficient storage space available to handle the size of the jpeg and message.

Send a message to the sender and have them send a reply with the image in it and see if you get that.

Try having the sender forward you mail, with and without attachments and embedded pic's.

Unfortunately, some e-mail issues are essentially unfixable because they are intermittent and because there are so many variables that are outside of your control and even outside of your ability to observe them directly. I use Outlook 2007 extensively and have quite a bit of experience managing e-mail accounts across many platforms and providers, yet still, I have made a habit of logging directly into my e-mail providers' webmail platforms, at least once every few days, to check for messages that never made it to Outlook, or my phone, or any of my computers running other mail programs.

Let me know if I can be of more help. Good luck!

5. sbuck16

sbuck16 Thread Starter

no it did nt go to junk file....cant figure it out but it will work with yahoo mail and no chance it will work with outlook 2007

6. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

If Outlook won't play fair and you don't want to use webmail, Mozilla's Thunderbird is a splendid alternative e-mail handler.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice