Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlook 2010 and Windows 10

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  StevenGlen 
#1 ·
I just finished upgrading a computer to Windows 10 from Windows 7 using the Windows Update Assistant. Everything is working perfectly except for Outlook 2010.
Now when attempting to open Outlook 2010 the software attempts to reinstall itself. The reinstall fails with an error message "Unable to locate SingleImageww.msi" Then the message asks for a "Valid Install Source." I've tried looking on the entire drive for SingleImageWW.msi. I've also tried looking all over the original install CD for that .msi file with no luck. All other Office 2010 applications seem to be working just fine? HELP.
The OS is now Windows 10 Professional, upgraded from Windows 7 Professional. Outlook is from Office 2010 Home and Student edition.

Thank you in advance

#3 ·
Thank you Etaf for your astute observation. Upon further review the version of Office installed is Business. The install media they have in the closet is Home & Student. This would explain why no valid install media is found when the installer is looking for one. Now to locate the correct install media and try again. If all else fails, I may just save the .pst file from Outlook, get them to purchase a more recent version of Office, and reinstall. While the problem is not fully corrected you certainly have me pointed in a promising direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.